Monday, March 28, 2011

Catching up...Here are my latest stories!

I've been pretty busy the past few days, covering four stories in five days and writing them up as quickly as I can.  More on that process in another post...for now, here are the latest links:

Do you know we have a real live Walt Disney Imagineer living in Altadena?  His name is Joe Rohde and he spoke at the Pacific Asia Museum on Friday night.  I covered it for Tim Rutt's altadenblog.  It's a fun read, he's a very interesting guy. 
Imagineer Rohde travels the world for Disney, but comes home to Altadena


On Thursday, I covered an important meeting for the residents of Altadena, especially those on the west side.  Sheriff's deputies and community members rolled out a plan to improve communication and relationships with the Altadenans.  It appeared in altadenablog as well. 
Altadena Sheriff’s Station rolls out eight-point plan to address community concerns


I think Dan Abenschein of Altadena Patch is trying to make a naturalist out of me. In addition to Wednesday's Sierra Club meeting (see post below), he sent me on a hike up Rubio Canyon on Sunday as part of the Arroyos & Foothills Conservancy celebration.  The conservancy just purchased the last piece in a 41-acre parcel that will preserve the watershed and natural wonders of Rubio Canyon. 
Local Land Conservancy Celebrates Purchase of Third Rubio Canyon Parcel 


I  hope you'll enjoy my latest efforts to cover this great community!  Let me know your thoughts!





No comments:

Post a Comment