Saturday, October 22, 2011

Community gardens and community characters

Richard Carlos from Theodore Payne Foundation
When I was an editor at a weekly paper, an aspiring writer turned in a review of a band she liked. She wrote that they were on stage, each doing their own thing.  "If they were each 'doing their own thing,'" I said, "it wouldn't be music." I explained how musicians have to listen to each other, and play together.

Three decades later, I take that back. If music gives joy--and the joyful color pink on the stoles and hoods of academes reflect that--then perhaps it can be joyful even when each musician is "doing his own thing".

And that's why I took this video.

As for the rest of the story, it's posted on Altadena Patch.  The event was the Fifth Annual Gathering of Community Gardens, held at Loma Alta Park in Altadena, and the purpose was to educate beginners and master gardeners alike.

No comments:

Post a Comment